Friday, November 04, 2005

The end of holidays

Brigade Road

The holidays are coming to an end. And I think the rains have eased too. Sigh! It’s been eventful. Last two nights we stayed up late with a vengeance. Have not done this for long. Even though Bangalore bars close at 11 pm ( so that the authorities can sleep well & be healthy … to do what?) we strolled the main streets for long, chatted with strangers, before we settled into a coffee shop and then later to our friend’s hotel room where we chatted on meaninglessly.

Vidhan Soudha. The parliament building. Looks better when lit in night. Not lit in this pic. .

Like mentioned in Kitjar’s blog from KL, I too see many more farangs here in Bangalore, than before. This time the young ones. Guys and girls. Most likely they are on the way to or out of the 5 star discs/party events at the time. Lot of elders is also around and I suspect they know Bangalore more than I do. Its always good to pick up a chat with them, because they always have some interesting stories to tell about their time in India before and today.

Of course, there are the regular groups of middle-eastern guys staying up late – always parked next to the shops selling ice creams and milk shakes. I am sure the authorities love them for that.



I started homewards around 2 a.m. in the morning. And on my way got this reminder of the recent Bangalore downpour. Of course, the pic is from a parking lot so hope no one was actually hurt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You mention the Middle Eastern guys selling the ice cream. I sensed a bit of sarcasm in that comment. I am curious, is that what they are really doing, or a front? Have they been known to cause trouble?

5:25 PM  
Blogger trangam said...

Welcome! The guys are actually the customers (not selling.) My sentence was badly constructed.

But I admit the sarcasm! But they have not created any much trouble except that I think they have trouble relating with people of the opposite sex. Else, they typically seem to keep to their own selves, in certain typical restaurants/joints which they frequent.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home