Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Independence day x 2

Today is Independence day for me, for two reasons.

First, because its the day when India got its independence in 1947.

Second, because today I shifted to my own new flat!

I am still not fully adjusted. Lot of little jobs to still get over with, but well I have a place of my own now. It took me 3 full days and evenings and one full night of shifting from one end of town to the other. But its done for this week of work.

I am quite amazed how much little stuff friends have gifted me. They even came and arranged a mini-pooja for an auspicious start.

More about this later. Now, I am really tired and sleepy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :-)

Having your own place must be a great achievement, one that I'd like to have someday too.

I hope you can make your new home a pleasant place where you always return with happiness. :-)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Selba said...

Yes... congratulations for having two independences :)

Wow, so many independence days in the month of August.

Singapore 9 August
India 15 August
Indonesia 17 August
Malaysia 31 August

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home